Waverly Health Center is Planetree Certified at the Gold Level for Excellence in Person-Centered Care™. As a designated hospital, our focus is to provide person-centered care in a healing environment. Our health care providers, staff and volunteers are working to care for your body, mind and spirit. Most services are complimentary and based on availability.
Integrative therapies may reduce pain, lower stress and promote healing. Services are offered in the comfort of your room.
- Massage Therapy: Massage is one of the oldest healing arts. Our licensed massage therapists offer massages to patients and their families. Aromatherapy is also available.
- Music Therapy: Our music therapist uses music to promote rest and healing.
- Reiki: Reiki is a no touch or light touch therapy that uses energy to help promote balance of the mind, body and spirit.
- Pet Therapy: Pets can be very comforting. You may be visited by a volunteer with a specially-trained pet therapy dog. The volunteer will ask if you would like a visit.
- A variety of activities are available to keep boredom at bay – games, books , magazines, puzzles, a deck of cards, etc.
- Visit our Farmyard Fun Kids Playroom, 3rd floor, or Tendrils Rooftop Garden, 4th floor
- Room Service: With room service, you can order meals from our menu when you are ready to eat by calling 4663 on your room phone. Visitors who want to eat in your room with you may buy a meal. Our staff is happy to help you.
- Dining Room: 2nd floor of the West Building | 6:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.
- Vending Machines: 3rd floor Centennial Pavilion & 2nd floor West Building
- Family Kitchen: 3rd floor Centennial Pavilion, room 302
- Patients and visitors may use this area to make their own meals. This area has a microwave, stove and fridge.
- Treat Trolley: 3rd floor Centennial Pavilion Monday – Friday from 3:30 to 4 p.m.
Available upon request.
Visitor restrictions have been implemented due to the COVID-19 Pandemic. Please refer to our Visitor Policy for more information.
WHC recognizes your right to spiritual support. Several services are available:
- Prayer Request Line: Prayer requests are taken by leaving a message at (319) 483-4880. The messages are checked one time a day, Monday – Friday.
- Prayer Partner Team: Volunteers are available to pray with you.
- We can help you contact the spiritual support person of your choice.
- A meditation room is available on the 3rd floor of the Centennial Pavilion.