July 2017 - June 2018
Waverly Health Center is so much more than a ‘Waverly’ hospital. We care for patients throughout Bremer, Butler, Black Hawk, Floyd and Chickasaw Counties.
As health care choices expand, it’s essential that our communities continue to support their local hospital through using our services. We can treat a majority of health issues and have developed a strong group of family care providers and specialists to ensure a shorter drive and great care from your neighbors and friends.
In 2019 we will begin planning a large building project which will allow us to upgrade and expand our emergency department and clinic spaces. We are excited about the project and look forward to sharing our plan with you this spring.
Thank you for your support and continued partnership in helping us meet our mission to provide high quality, patient-centered health care. We are excited for the future and are proud to serve you!
My best regards,
Jim Atty, FACHE
Waverly Health Center CEO
Medical Staff Updates
Three health care providers joined WHC’s medical staff from July 1, 2017 to June 30, 2018.
Hetal Patel, MD
Shell Rock Clinic
Dr. Patel received her medical degree from Dr. D.Y. Patil College of Medicine, University of Bombay in India. She completed her family practice residency at the University of Kansas School of Medicine.
Carrie Evans, ARNP
Ms. Evans received her bachelor of science in nursing from Viterbo University and her master of science in nursing from Kaplan University.
Jan Davis, ARNP
Ms. Davis received her bachelor of science in nursing degree and her master of science in nursing degree from Allen College.
- Dr. Hetal Patel joined the Shell Rock Clinic
- Diabetes Self-Management Education Program awarded continued recognition from the American Diabetes Association
- WHC named Top 25 most active companies in the Large Business category of the National On the Move Company Challenge
- Jim Atty, CEO named as a 2017 Waterloo Courier 20 Under 40 Winner
- Dr. Clay Dahlquist, Janel Thompson, ARNP, Dr. Stacy Wagner, Amy Bodensteiner, PA-C, and WHC Walk-In Clinic named as Waterloo Courier’s Best of the Best 2017
- Sharon Jahnke, Bruce Coleman and Linda Pruin received a ten year volunteer service award from the Iowa Insurance Division and the Senior Health Insurance Information Program
- WHC’s Foundation launches Walk-In Clinic campaign to raise $120,000 to renovate the new Walk-In Clinic space
- WHC employees donated $7,230 to the W-SR United Way campaign
- In the spirit of the season, WHC employees donated to local non-profit organizations
- WHC received an overall 5-star rating from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid (CMS) based on hospital quality, safety and the patient experience
- The Walk-In Clinic opened in a new location, with expanded daytime hours
- Rhonda Wehling, BSN, RN, received the Excellence in Nursing Award
- Jackie Ator, RN, surgery, received the Spirit of Volunteerism Award
- Victoria Aissen, BSN, RN, surgery, received the ‘It Starts with Me’ Quality Award
- Emily Neuendorf, foundation director, received the Waverly Chamber of Commerce’s Community Service award
- Carrie Evans, ARNP, joined the Walk-In Clinic
- Planetree site visit for recertification
- Kim Connor, birthing center, received the Friend of Nursing Award
- WHC Auxiliary awarded seven scholarships to area students pursuing a health care career
- Jan Davis, ARNP, joined the Walk-In Clinic
- Victoria Aissen, BSN, RN, surgery, received a 100 Great Iowa Nurses award
- Iowa Anesthesia, L.C., began providing pain management services