Our social workers provide person- and family-centered care to our patients.
Our social workers can help:
- Set up a patient and family care conference to go over questions, concerns, the treatment plan and after hospital care needs.
- Arrange for services such as home health care, meals, transportation and hospice care.
- Assist with financial concerns.
- Arrange nursing home care if needed.
- Provide one-on-one counseling, a connection to support groups and educational materials.
- Fill out Advanced Directives forms.
- Provide support during times of trauma or grief.
- Arrange mental health and substance abuse services.
- Deal with concerns such as child abuse, dependent adult abuse, domestic violence or homelessness.
- Communicate with your health team and arrange services to meet your physical, emotional and spiritual needs.
- Find healthy ways to deal with stress and improve your overall wellness.
Advanced Care Planning
The most important choices of your life may come at a time when you are not able to speak for yourself. Three ways to prepare are:
- Advanced Directives: Living Will and Medical Power of Attorney
- Honoring Your Wishes: Advanced care planning
- IPOST: End of life care
FREE Advance Care Planning Clinics now offered at Waverly Health Center!
These clinic will help guide you through the process. Clinics are held the 3rd Wednesday of each month, from 3 to 5 p.m.
By appointment only. Call (319) 483-1360.