People of all ages seek care from a speech-language pathologist (also called a speech therapist) when they have problems communicating or swallowing. These problems may have existed from birth or resulted from an illness, accident or disease. These issues may impact a person’s self-esteem, motivation, socialization and quality of life.
Speech Therapy can help in the following areas:
- Speech disorders (difficulty producing speech sounds correctly)
- Language disorders (difficulty understanding language or expressing thoughts)
- Voice disorders (abnormal pitch, loudness or quality of voice)
- Fluency disorders (stuttering)
- Cognitive communication disorders (difficulty with attention, memory, reasoning, judgment or problem solving)
- Augmentative/alternative communication (other means of communication such as gestures, picture or word boards or speech generating devices)
- Swallowing disorders (difficulty passing food or liquid from the mouth to the stomach)
Become a Patient
Your health care provider can order these services for you. We accept Medicare, Medicaid and most medical insurances. Please verify with your insurance company that your test or treatment is a covered benefit.