CCBot/2.0 ( ( [SERVER_SOFTWARE] => Apache [REQUEST_URI] => /testimonial/emilie-drenkow/ [USER] => betdoc2019whc [HOME] => /home/betdoc2019whc [SCRIPT_NAME] => /index.php [QUERY_STRING] => [REQUEST_METHOD] => GET [SERVER_PROTOCOL] => HTTP/1.1 [GATEWAY_INTERFACE] => CGI/1.1 [REDIRECT_URL] => /testimonial/emilie-drenkow/ [REMOTE_PORT] => 48400 [SCRIPT_FILENAME] => /home/betdoc2019whc/public_html/index.php [SERVER_ADMIN] => [CONTEXT_DOCUMENT_ROOT] => /home/betdoc2019whc/public_html [CONTEXT_PREFIX] => [REQUEST_SCHEME] => https [DOCUMENT_ROOT] => /home/betdoc2019whc/public_html [REMOTE_ADDR] => [SERVER_PORT] => 443 [SERVER_ADDR] => [SERVER_NAME] => [SERVER_SIGNATURE] => [PATH] => /usr/local/jdk/bin:/usr/kerberos/sbin:/usr/kerberos/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/X11R6/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/X11R6/bin:/root/bin:/opt/bin [HTTP_X_HTTPS] => 1 [HTTP_CONNECTION] => Keep-Alive [HTTP_HOST] => [HTTP_ACCEPT_ENCODING] => br,gzip [HTTP_IF_MODIFIED_SINCE] => Tue, 05 Jul 2022 15:10:03 GMT [HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE] => en-US,en;q=0.5 [HTTP_ACCEPT] => text/html,application/xhtml+xml,application/xml;q=0.9,*/*;q=0.8 [HTTP_USER_AGENT] => CCBot/2.0 ( [proxy-nokeepalive] => 1 [SSL_TLS_SNI] => [HTTPS] => on [HTTP_AUTHORIZATION] => [SCRIPT_URI] => [SCRIPT_URL] => /testimonial/emilie-drenkow/ [UNIQUE_ID] => Y9MezFT6fuBc0KVCoZJF4AAAAVM [REDIRECT_STATUS] => 200 [REDIRECT_SSL_TLS_SNI] => [REDIRECT_HTTPS] => on [REDIRECT_HTTP_AUTHORIZATION] => [REDIRECT_SCRIPT_URI] => [REDIRECT_SCRIPT_URL] => /testimonial/emilie-drenkow/ [REDIRECT_UNIQUE_ID] => Y9MezFT6fuBc0KVCoZJF4AAAAVM [FCGI_ROLE] => RESPONDER [PHP_SELF] => /index.php [REQUEST_TIME_FLOAT] => 1674780364.1915 [REQUEST_TIME] => 1674780364 [argv] => Array ( ) [argc] => 0 )

312 9th Street SW, Waverly, Iowa 50677

(319) 352-4120


Emilie Drenkow

One evening, Emilie Drenkow of Waverly found herself in a scary situation. “I went to the ER because I couldn’t stop getting sick after choking on a bite of roast beef. It felt like something was still lodged in my throat,” said Emilie.

When I arrived at the ER, I was met by Trisha, my ER nurse. She told me she’d take good care of me.  She kept me calm and told me she had been a GI nurse and had seen this happen many times before. She was instrumental in the diagnosis and getting me the correct treatment. She was direct with me, yet very reassuring. After it was decided that I needed surgery, the doctor was there within minutes. They quickly took me to the OR and I was met by the surgical team. Even though it was the middle of the night, and they were called into work, they all smiled and told me what to expect. The last thing I remember in the OR was a nurse holding my hand, which was so comforting.

“Dr. Crawford was fabulous! She explained the procedure, kept me calm, and has followed up with me since surgery. She continues to work hard to help find out the cause of my throat swelling.

“I highly recommend WHC. They were top-notch at treating me and continue to care during recovery.”

Emilie shared that her husband, Dietrich, recently had a planned surgery at WHC and commented that they received the same high level care. “Thank you to all the staff and medical team who serve our community. The Drenkow family is very grateful!” finished Emilie.