CCBot/2.0 ( ( [SERVER_SOFTWARE] => Apache [REQUEST_URI] => /testimonial/john-scheibel/ [USER] => betdoc2019whc [HOME] => /home/betdoc2019whc [SCRIPT_NAME] => /index.php [QUERY_STRING] => [REQUEST_METHOD] => GET [SERVER_PROTOCOL] => HTTP/1.1 [GATEWAY_INTERFACE] => CGI/1.1 [REDIRECT_URL] => /testimonial/john-scheibel/ [REMOTE_PORT] => 55230 [SCRIPT_FILENAME] => /home/betdoc2019whc/public_html/index.php [SERVER_ADMIN] => [CONTEXT_DOCUMENT_ROOT] => /home/betdoc2019whc/public_html [CONTEXT_PREFIX] => [REQUEST_SCHEME] => https [DOCUMENT_ROOT] => /home/betdoc2019whc/public_html [REMOTE_ADDR] => [SERVER_PORT] => 443 [SERVER_ADDR] => [SERVER_NAME] => [SERVER_SIGNATURE] => [PATH] => /usr/local/jdk/bin:/usr/kerberos/sbin:/usr/kerberos/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/X11R6/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/X11R6/bin:/root/bin:/opt/bin [HTTP_X_HTTPS] => 1 [HTTP_CONNECTION] => Keep-Alive [HTTP_HOST] => [HTTP_ACCEPT_ENCODING] => br,gzip [HTTP_IF_MODIFIED_SINCE] => Fri, 01 Jul 2022 03:55:06 GMT [HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE] => en-US,en;q=0.5 [HTTP_ACCEPT] => text/html,application/xhtml+xml,application/xml;q=0.9,*/*;q=0.8 [HTTP_USER_AGENT] => CCBot/2.0 ( [proxy-nokeepalive] => 1 [SSL_TLS_SNI] => [HTTPS] => on [HTTP_AUTHORIZATION] => [SCRIPT_URI] => [SCRIPT_URL] => /testimonial/john-scheibel/ [UNIQUE_ID] => Y9Mbox1AkDaiA2JAOaZIiAAAAFQ [REDIRECT_STATUS] => 200 [REDIRECT_SSL_TLS_SNI] => [REDIRECT_HTTPS] => on [REDIRECT_HTTP_AUTHORIZATION] => [REDIRECT_SCRIPT_URI] => [REDIRECT_SCRIPT_URL] => /testimonial/john-scheibel/ [REDIRECT_UNIQUE_ID] => Y9Mbox1AkDaiA2JAOaZIiAAAAFQ [FCGI_ROLE] => RESPONDER [PHP_SELF] => /index.php [REQUEST_TIME_FLOAT] => 1674779555.3813 [REQUEST_TIME] => 1674779555 [argv] => Array ( ) [argc] => 0 )

312 9th Street SW, Waverly, Iowa 50677

(319) 352-4120


John Scheibel

On March 11, John Scheibel of Janesville came to Waverly Health Center’s Walk-In Clinic, complaining of abdominal pain. “The clinic doctor and staff took the time to listen to my symptoms and order the tests necessary to highlight that I had a more serious issue. This could have been dismissed but they did their due diligence to move me to the next step,” said John.

John was taken to the Emergency Room where it was confirmed that he had appendicitis (when the appendix gets infected and inflamed). “They were able to communicate the urgency of addressing my problem without causing me undue alarm. From there the surgical team was called in and gave up their Monday evening to clean me up. My understanding is that my appendix ruptured and based on my best guess it was probably 72 hours prior to my getting help. So, it was apparently not an easy task to put me right. But thanks to their excellent care I am well on the mend and have felt better and stronger every day since,” continued John.

“The nursing care I got post-surgery was wonderful. Each of the nurses assigned to my care saw to my medical needs and my comfort. I never had to wait for attention when I needed it. They also helped keep my spirits up. I felt like I was not just ‘the guy in 319’ but an individual with my own story and concerns. Even housekeeping and food service staff were just the nicest people. I always felt like I was important to them.”

“It’s a big deal when you put your life is in someone’s hands. I am extraordinarily grateful,” finished John.


Do you have a story to share?
Hearing about great experiences is one of the best compliments we receive. Please call Monica at (319) 483-4000 or email to share your story!