CCBot/2.0 ( ( [SERVER_SOFTWARE] => Apache [REQUEST_URI] => /testimonial/matthew-price/ [USER] => betdoc2019whc [HOME] => /home/betdoc2019whc [SCRIPT_NAME] => /index.php [QUERY_STRING] => [REQUEST_METHOD] => GET [SERVER_PROTOCOL] => HTTP/1.1 [GATEWAY_INTERFACE] => CGI/1.1 [REDIRECT_URL] => /testimonial/matthew-price/ [REMOTE_PORT] => 50196 [SCRIPT_FILENAME] => /home/betdoc2019whc/public_html/index.php [SERVER_ADMIN] => [CONTEXT_DOCUMENT_ROOT] => /home/betdoc2019whc/public_html [CONTEXT_PREFIX] => [REQUEST_SCHEME] => https [DOCUMENT_ROOT] => /home/betdoc2019whc/public_html [REMOTE_ADDR] => [SERVER_PORT] => 443 [SERVER_ADDR] => [SERVER_NAME] => [SERVER_SIGNATURE] => [PATH] => /usr/local/jdk/bin:/usr/kerberos/sbin:/usr/kerberos/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/X11R6/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/X11R6/bin:/root/bin:/opt/bin [HTTP_X_HTTPS] => 1 [HTTP_CONNECTION] => Keep-Alive [HTTP_HOST] => [HTTP_ACCEPT_ENCODING] => br,gzip [HTTP_IF_MODIFIED_SINCE] => Fri, 01 Jul 2022 03:53:33 GMT [HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE] => en-US,en;q=0.5 [HTTP_ACCEPT] => text/html,application/xhtml+xml,application/xml;q=0.9,*/*;q=0.8 [HTTP_USER_AGENT] => CCBot/2.0 ( [proxy-nokeepalive] => 1 [SSL_TLS_SNI] => [HTTPS] => on [HTTP_AUTHORIZATION] => [SCRIPT_URI] => [SCRIPT_URL] => /testimonial/matthew-price/ [UNIQUE_ID] => Y9MbK0XJJ7doyzP6brpk8gAAAI4 [REDIRECT_STATUS] => 200 [REDIRECT_SSL_TLS_SNI] => [REDIRECT_HTTPS] => on [REDIRECT_HTTP_AUTHORIZATION] => [REDIRECT_SCRIPT_URI] => [REDIRECT_SCRIPT_URL] => /testimonial/matthew-price/ [REDIRECT_UNIQUE_ID] => Y9MbK0XJJ7doyzP6brpk8gAAAI4 [FCGI_ROLE] => RESPONDER [PHP_SELF] => /index.php [REQUEST_TIME_FLOAT] => 1674779435.6638 [REQUEST_TIME] => 1674779435 [argv] => Array ( ) [argc] => 0 )

312 9th Street SW, Waverly, Iowa 50677

(319) 352-4120


Matthew Price

On September 7, 2017, Matthew Price of Tripoli had a stroke during surgery. His left side was paralyzed. He could not walk or even smile completely. He had physical therapy in Waterloo for one month before starting therapy at Waverly Health Center. “When I started at WHC, I had just the basics – I could walk with a cane, and could make small movements with my arm, said Matthew.

Physical and occupational therapists met with Matthew three times a week for five months.

“My therapy experience has been awesome! I’ve made so much progress, and quickly, with Leah, Todd, Lynda and Margo – they are the best PT’s and OT’s! I got so much more out of OT than I ever expected! After my stroke, I wasn’t able to move the fingers on my left hand; they were just balled up in the form of a fist. My right fingers worked well, so Lynda put a mirror between my hands, and then asked me to raise each finder of my right hand while watching the movements in the mirror. It tricked my brain, and made my left-hand fingers move too!”

At Matt’s first visit he presented with what seemed like high goals, but it was quickly evident that he had a strong motivation to obtain these goals and was willing to work at home as well as in Occupational Therapy to achieve them. He was open to the education provided, and creative in how he carried over with recommendations for home. His diligence payed off and we noted steady progress, first in arm motion and progressing up through work hardening,” said Margo Jebe, occupational therapist.

Matthew’s motivation to improve comes from his family – he and his wife are expecting their fourth child in May. “I told myself I was going to be able to hold my baby. I’ve also really tried to have a positive attitude about this – some stroke patients don’t bounce back like I have. I’ll be the first to laugh with you about how I walk because I’m just thankful that I can,” finished Matthew.

After Matthew’s 70+ therapy appointments at WHC, he got his driver’s license back and is looking forward to returning to work next month.

Services provided by Taylor Physical Therapy Associates, LLC.